Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
- Alfred, NY
- Full Time
- Business Office
Alfred University seeks qualified candidates for the position of Director, Sponsored Programs Administration. The Office of Sponsored Programs is responsible for managing pre- and post-award administration of grants and contracts funded by federal and state agencies, businesses, private foundations, and other non-profit institutions.
The Director is responsible for all the financial and administrative functions supporting externally sponsored projects, with specific emphasis on developing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. The incumbent will collaborate with university leadership, administration and faculty to support research and grant activities; assist with proposal preparation and oversee proposal submission; administer the Intellectual Property Policy; negotiate contracts and non-disclosure agreements; develop and implement policies to ensure financial compliance; supervise accounting staff that monitor financial aspects of grants and contracts; oversee billing and collections related to sponsored activities; supports the A-133 Single Audit and agency audits.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in business, public administration, accounting, finance, law or related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in university sponsored program administration, other grants administration, or public administration
- Five (5) years’ supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree and seven (7) years’ experience in research administration may be considered
- Certified Research Administrator preferred
- Knowledge of 2 CFR 200 Uniform Guidance, grants policies and procedures
- Experience with contract and fee-for-service review and development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel; Banner experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and students within a university setting
Interested Applicants may submit a cover letter, current résumé/CV and a list of three references (one must be current or former supervisor) to the link below. Review of resumes will begin October 25, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.