Assistant/Associate Director for STEM Recruitment
The Assistant/ Associate Director for STEM Outreach & Recruitment will support the Admissions Office and the Inamori School of Engineering and College of Liberal Arts & Sciences with all phases of the enrollment process. This position is 35 hours a week at $22.86.
- Bachelor's Degree required with an engineering/science related field preferred
- The successful candidate will have at least three years of experience in a collegiate admissions office or two years of admissions experience and other appropriate professional educational experience
- Ability to work weekends, extended workdays, and/or overnight travel, as required
- Strong commitment to working with college students from diverse backgrounds
- Detail-oriented focus with the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, particularly in matters relative to sensitive or confidential student records, personnel or organizational matters
- Experience using Slate, and/or other higher education systems or software effectively
- Ability to work as part of team in a fast-paced, student-centered environment
- Strong computer, organizational, and communication skills, including the effective use the Microsoft Office suite of product
- Responsible for supporting efforts in meeting established recruitment goals for STEM programs and providing analysis on the job ( e.g., statistical reports)
- Assist students and families with all aspects of the enrollment process to the University (e.g., college selection process, application review, and financial aid). Communicate with prospective students via telephone, email, text and written correspondence is expected
- Recruitment travel responsibilities include attending college fairs, visiting high school science/math classes, STEM specific programs, and coordinating off-campus recruitment events.
- Conduct interviews and group information sessions (on-and-off campus)
- Attend and assist with recruitment events (e.g., open houses)
- Participate in training workshops, staff retreats, and professional conferences
- Foster and maintain relationships with STEM educators and community organizations. Provide creative and engaging classroom experiences and assist educators with STEM development courses and assignments to engage prospective students
- Serve as a liaison to the Inamori School of Engineering and science related majors educating faculty on enrollment processes and goals including travel management and training faculty who will attend recruiting events and/or interface with prospective students
- Review and analyze data from CRM SLATE software to meet recruitment goals
- Maintains a safe working environment within and around their facilities and associated equipment and supplies including, but not limited to, obtaining Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information pertaining to any hazards associated with their work environment
- Safety: Participate in safety training and comply with safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned
- With or without reasonable accommodations the incumbent must be able to read and write and speak the English language at a college level
- Be capable of performing sometimes complex mathematical calculations, statistical calculations and other higher mathematical operations, must be able to communicate with all levels of the institution in written and spoken form
- The individual must be able to work independently
- The ability to maintain regular and prompt attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Other essential functions may be required
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn when required
- A respiratory function test and the ability to use respirators may be required
- Stairs and uneven surfaces may be present; Artificial lifts, etc. may or may not be available
- The position may require the incumbent to walk outdoors in all types of weather to other buildings or offices located on the campus
- The Campus is located in an area that contains numerous hills and slopes and may not always be fully accessible for mobility impaired individuals
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.